Becoming a Member
The Society welcomes and encourages applications by distinguished individuals who demonstrate sustained service as leaders in occupational therapy. Initial overwhelming response to the Society has made us aware of the large number of passionate leaders who would like to join the Society. Nominations will be reopened in early fall, 2016.
- Application forms and required supporting documents may be submitted by email to email@example.com or by postal service to O.T. Leaders & Legacies Society, 918 Frazier Road, Rydal, PA 19046.
A Nominations committee will review all applications following the established procedure. Applicants will be notified of decisions within 90 days of submission.
Membership is open to all OTAs and OTs demonstrating "sustained leadership" in support of occupational therapy. Generally, sustained leadership is evidenced by volunteer involvement over a period of ten or more years. Membership is conferred in recognition of significant personal involvement in advancing occupational therapy at local, state, and/or national levels and acknowledgement of an ongoing desire to contribute to the field.
Successful applicants will have:
- Demonstrated sustained leadership as reflected in their involvement in one or more areas of:
- Occupational therapy practice
- Professional Societies
- Regulatory Boards
- Leadership, when outside of the profession, that has advanced awareness and benefited the field of occupational therapy in an identifiable manner
Interested individuals may apply for membership by submitting the attached application form with the required supporting documentation (see forms for Brief Bio format and Volunteer Interest Checklist).
Once an individual has been offered membership in the Society, they are required to:
- Support our mission through active engagement in at least one Society initiative annually
- Current initiatives are described under Engagement
- Submit and maintain a current biosketch that reflects their leadership experience and interests
- Pay dues
Membership fees and options, for an August 1 - July 31 dues year, are:
- 1 year: $100
- 3 years: $250
- 5 years: $500
Esteemed Lifetime Member
- No fee
In recognition of their extraordinary sustained contributions to the profession, all persons over 90 years of age will be granted a free membership.